Questions around installation or anything else around your line? Below are the ones customers commonly
ask and our answers. Should you have a question that isn't answered here you can call us on 0800 006 2 006 or email us email@example.com.
1. How long does it take for a new line to be installed?
The timescale's for a new phone line depends on the available appointments locally from Openreach. These
can vary typically from 10-20 working days for ISDN 2 lines. By default we will always select the soonest
available appointment, although we can change this should this fail to suit you.
2. There is a phone socket already available. Can this be used?
Unlike with single PSTN lines it isn't possible to simply restart a stopped ISDN 2 line.
3. How long does it take to transfer my line from another provider?
If we complete a like for like transfer of a line, there is an Ofcom regulated timescale of 10 working
days. The existing phone number(s) and features will be transferred in the process without any downtime
4. Will I lose my phone number if I move?
If we are transferring your line from another provider your phone number will remain the same.
5. If I have a problem with my line who do I call?
Once a phone line has transferred to VOIPAR you should call or email us for any assistance, whether
this be general advice or help with a fault.
6. Can I change my phone number / choose a number?
We can change your ISDN number, and we can add additional DDI number blocks, however at present
there are no number selection facilities available. As such, the numbers provided would be the next
available from Openreach's pools.